Seven Signs an Organization Lacks Cultural Intelligence
In our current environment, it’s impossible to have a workforce that isn’t diverse. Diversity can either work for or against you. Without cultural intelligence, diverse perspectives work against an organization, increasing defensiveness, stereotypes and stonewalling.
Here are the seven of the top organizational symptoms:
- Excludes colleagues and clients with words and actions dampening working relationships and productivity.
- Stifles conversation because unable to appreciate different perspectives.
- Has fighting between groups or departments slows or brings productivity to a halt and drama to a higher level.
- Fails to attract, retain & promote diverse talent that grow the organization sustainably.
- Suppresses ability to reach and relate to new people and markets to expand sales/ organizational reach.
- Experiences low employee engagement, innovation and risk-taking due to team members’ lack of feeling valued and heard.
- Has tardiness and high turnover and the root cause is unclear.
To jumpstart safe conversation across culture and increase collaboration, innovation and profit in every organization, learn more about Empowering Partners’ six workshops.